is a very experienced public relations and marketing strategist who after the birth of her 1st child started the Wagging Tongues consultancy. Bec is also the founder of SourceBottle, which is a free and easy-to-use crowdsourcing platform which has now expanded into a free global service that crowdsources expert for journalists, bloggers and reporters in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Rebecca also launched the Influencer HUB app in 2015, which manages and ‘houses’ influencer communities.
IN THIS EPISODE I TALKED TO CROWDSOURCING EXPERT BEC ABOUT:
- her family and previous career
- whether she ever wanted to be an entrepreneur
- being an introvert
- the beginnings of her crowdsourcing business
- intricacies of educating her target market about her crowdsourcing website
- the strategies she is using to grow her business
- her decision to make her crowdsourcing business a free service
- Source Bottle’s three monetisation arms
- the things to have in place before you start actively approaching PR exposure for your business
- how to respond to an article callout
- reactive media vs proactive media
- launch of the Influencer Hub app
- influencer marketing
- creating authentic connection with influencers
- the lessons she learnt and how her mistakes are making her a better business owner
- her exciting plans for the future
WHERE TO FIND BEC DERRINGTON:
Interested in a Spotlight Membership?
Join the wait list now to be notified when membership doors will be open again.